I know it’s not music related but I think I’ll start sharing some recipes here too. Better platform than any to do so. First off here’s the brownie recipe I’ve been using for years which I can’t remember where I found so can’t give credit but it’s pretty, pretty, pretty good. It’s easily a one bowl recipe as long as you don’t use many tiny bowls to weigh out ingredients beforehand, I tend to just use measuring cups and add everything into the bowl as I go through each step. I’ve also added a layer of peanut butter to the top and walnuts in the mix in the past with great success so you can definitely try that too.
- 200g baking dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 1/4 self-raising flour (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line your baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl over a saucepan of bowling water, melt the butter and dark chocolate together, making sure to stir the mixture so that everything is incorporated.
- Carefully remove the bowl from heat and allow to cool slightly on a bench.
- Add in the sugar and sifted cocoa and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition
- Add both sifted flours and stir until flours are fully incorporated. (If you’d like to add walnuts then do so now)
- Transfer the mix to the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer/butter knife inserted comes out clean.
*If wanting to make peanut butter ones, melt 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave, and add it to the mix after it is in the tray. Use a skewer or chopstick to swirl the peanut butter on the top and bake for the same time. Brownies will be a little bit crumbly because of the oil in the peanut butter but they will also be oh so delicious!
Serve on their own, or with ice cream 🙂 Brownies will keep probably keep for a week in an airtight container but I can’t say for sure cause they seem to be eaten before then haha.